• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dr. Lost his lisence to practice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gianna7

About a year and a half ago a doctor I saw on a semi regular basis was very inappropriate with me. When I went back to address it, he was not able to take any of my calls nor could I book any appointments any longer. They said he was on some type of leave, I just found out a couple of months ago that he lost his license to a similar situation. My question is, do I still have a case for malpractice in the situation, even though he lost his license already.?

quincy

About a year and a half ago a doctor I saw on a semi regular basis was very inappropriate with me. When I went back to address it, he was not able to take any of my calls nor could I book any appointments any longer. They said he was on some type of leave, I just found out a couple of months ago that he lost his license to a similar situation. My question is, do I still have a case for malpractice in the situation, even though he lost his license already.?
What is the name of your state?

You could have a claim to file against this doctor although it might not be for malpractice. You should go over all facts with an attorney in your area to determine if you have a legal action to pursue - and, depending on your state, you should do this quickly. The statute of limitations for filing claims can be very short.

quincy

There are several exceptions to Maine’s statutes of limitations that you will want to discuss with an attorney in your area however, for most claims against healh care providers and practitioners, you have three years from the date of the malpractice to file.

https://legislature.maine.gov/statutes/24/title24sec2902-2.pdf

Because you mention “inappropriate” acts by the doctor, the three year time frame may not apply here and, instead of a civil action, there could be a criminal charge to be considered against the doctor.

zddoodah

About a year and a half ago a doctor I saw on a semi regular basis was very inappropriate with me.
Inappropriate in what way?

do I still have a case for malpractice in the situation, even though he lost his license already.?
You've provided absolutely zero factual information from which one could attempt to answer this question. "Malpractice" means professional negligence. Did this doctor screw up in the rendition of professional services to you? If so, how, and how and in what amount were you damaged?

quincy

Following is a link to the list of medical licensing adverse actions taken against medical professionals in Maine. Some medical licenses are not terminated but only suspended with conditions for reinstatement or restricted to certain areas of practice, so it will be important for you to learn the exact status of your former physician’s license before filing a complaint.

https://www.maine.gov/md/complaint/adverse-licensing-actions

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">