• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Firearm sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigboi29

What is the name of your state? CA. If I as a licensed owner sell my Glock to someone who isn’t registered is that legal? If not what’s the penalty?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? CA. If I as a licensed owner sell my Glock to someone who isn’t registered is that legal? If not what’s the penalty?
You can't just do a private sale in California. Read this, specifically #14

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs

14. Can I sell a gun directly to another person (i.e. non-dealer)?
  • • Generally, no. This type of transaction is referred to as a “private party transfer” and must be conducted with both parties, in person, through a fully licensed California firearms dealer. Failure to do so is a violation of California law. The purchaser (and seller if the purchaser is denied), must meet the normal firearm purchase and delivery requirements.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">