• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida hired attorney did not deliver settlement money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Ask your attorney.
Also, please post in complete sentences. The title of your thread is meant to summarize your question and the body of the thread is where you should ask your complete question.

quincy

Paid for the other party that sued, what should I do? Thank you.
Any settlement amount must be held until how the funds are to be distributed is determined. These funds are not deposited in a party’s named account. Is that your concern - that you do not have access yet to settlement funds?

Any settlement amount must be held until how the funds are to be distributed is determined. These funds are not deposited in a party’s named account. Is that your concern - that you do not have access yet to settlement funds?
Funds should be distributed as per receipt:
$ attorneys fee
$$ settlement amount ( to the suing party ) - unfortunately was not delivered by attorney

quincy

Funds should be distributed as per receipt:
$ attorneys fee
$$ settlement amount ( to the suing party ) - unfortunately was not delivered by attorney
How long has the settlement money been held? Have you discussed distribution with your attorney?

quincy

Thank you
You’re welcome, Tatiana. I appreciate the thanks.

I hope that, whatever the cause of the delay in releasing settlement funds is, it is easily explained to you by your attorney and results in a distribution to you soon.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">