• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guidelines for Provisional Business Method Patents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joelfromjhu

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Maryland

Hi, I have a intellectual property which I have copyrighted and trademark pending and was told recently that I should get a provisional business method patent on it. I am willing to do this but I am still a student at JHU and was told by another lawyer that business method patents do not exist and that I should not spend 1000$ to go through a lawyer and get a patent pending because it would be a waste of money for me. I am trying to get the best protection for my intellectual property as possible given limited resources. I have been looking at sources on the internet and have seen some information on business method patents and that it does exist though there is not much information on it. I than thought that maybe I can write the provisional business method patent application and at least make it presentable, pay the 80$ fee and get it properly patent pending. What are the guidelines for writing a provisional business method patent application by yourself. Can anyone please tell me what format it should be in and if anyone perhaps has a sample application. I appreciate any help you can give me on provisional business method patents. Thank you in advance.

-Joel :)

You Are Guilty

joelfromjhu said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Maryland

Hi, I have a intellectual property which I have copyrighted and trademark pending and was told recently that I should get a provisional business method patent on it. I am willing to do this but I am still a student at JHU and was told by another lawyer that business method patents do not exist and that I should not spend 1000$ to go through a lawyer and get a patent pending because it would be a waste of money for me. I am trying to get the best protection for my intellectual property as possible given limited resources. I have been looking at sources on the internet and have seen some information on business method patents and that it does exist though there is not much information on it. I than thought that maybe I can write the provisional business method patent application and at least make it presentable, pay the 80$ fee and get it properly patent pending. What are the guidelines for writing a provisional business method patent application by yourself. Can anyone please tell me what format it should be in and if anyone perhaps has a sample application. I appreciate any help you can give me on provisional business method patents. Thank you in advance.

-Joel :)
Are you getting paid for each use of the phrase "provisional business patent"? I mean, after the first seven times, I admit, I was still a little unsure of what you were referring to, but by the eighth, I think I figured it out, but I'm still a little unclear. What exactly are you looking for information about?

J

joelfromjhu

Want to find a sample of what a provisional business methods patents should look like

Maryland

Sorry if I was vague and repeated the phrase a lot. I want to look at a sample of what a successful provisional business method patent should look like. I want to compare it to what I have come up with just now. Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Joel

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">