• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hired FL lawyer for robo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vxcc

What is the name of your state? IL

The lawyer has not been very communicative during this whole process. And he said he could try to get me $500 for the robo text issue. I signed a contract a no fee unless he wins type of case.

I submitted my grievance to the lawyers disciplinary committee last year in my state.

The lawyer never responded to the grievance or even tried to reach out to me over it. Should I file a FL Bar grievance as well along with the original grievance. I read the FL Bar at least has a resolution department. Whereas IL does not.

quincy

What is the name of your state? IL

The lawyer has not been very communicative during this whole process. And he said he could try to get me $500 for the robo text issue. I signed a contract a no fee unless he wins type of case.

I submitted my grievance to the lawyers disciplinary committee last year in my state.

The lawyer never responded to the grievance or even tried to reach out to me over it. Should I file a FL Bar grievance as well along with the original grievance. I read the FL Bar at least has a resolution department. Whereas IL does not.
What is this about? How is Illinois involved if the lawyer is a Florida lawyer?

quincy

Per the thread title the attorney was hired for "robo" ...whatever the heck that means.
vxcc expanded a bit on that in his first post to say “robo text issue” ... but I have no idea why a lawyer in Florida would be handling the issue on a contingency basis for someone located in Illinois.

As a guess, this might have something to do with the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). It is possible for a consumer to file a lawsuit against a robo caller/texter who is in violation of the Act, with a consumer potentially able to collect $500 from the violator for each violation. Perhaps vcxx has received illegal robo texts from an entity based in Florida?

It would help if vcxx could tell us more about the robo text issue and the contract with the Florida attorney to better tell if there is any attorney misconduct worth reporting to the State Bar. The attorney just might be looking for consumers right now who have had problems with a particular robo caller, in anticipation of filing a class action suit.

But I guess it will remain a mystery unless vcxx returns to enlighten us. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">