• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I just need advice please bare with me. thankyou

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kaitan692

What is the name of your state? NY

My older sister was involved in a car accident in which the other party was definitely at fault. Her medical bills total $3,500, plus $3,500 in lost wages. She is 38 years old and female. What would be a reasonable reimbursement for pain and suffering?

TIA!

adjusterjack

My older sister was involved in a car accident in which the other party was definitely at fault. Her medical bills total $3,500, plus $3,500 in lost wages. She is 38 years old and female. What would be a reasonable reimbursement for pain and suffering?
$500 per month for the number of months from date of accident until recovery.

That's all I can tell you without more details.

"What details do you need, Jack"

Whatever your sister would tell the insurance company that might convince them to pay more money. She can search the internet for "How to make an injury claim for pain and suffering."

zddoodah

Is that the out-of-pocket cost after medical insurance? The actual cost before medical insurance? What were the injuries? Are more medical bills anticipated in the future? Beyond the time spent seeing medical providers, how have her injuries impacted her life? When did the accident occur? Has the other driver or his/her insurer actually conceded liability?

kaitan692

Is that the out-of-pocket cost after medical insurance?
Yes

What were the injuries?
Fractured her left leg, she has cast on it. cuts in her arms, back pains

Are more medical bills anticipated in the future?
Yep, more check-ups

Beyond the time spent seeing medical providers, how have her injuries impacted her life?
she can't go to work/gym

kaitan692

$500 per month for the number of months from date of accident until recovery.

That's all I can tell you without more details.

"What details do you need, Jack"

Whatever your sister would tell the insurance company that might convince them to pay more money. She can search the internet for "How to make an injury claim for pain and suffering."
ty

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">