• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer "abuser"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

iamtootired

I have two questions:
1. I hired an attorney to represent me in a collection lawsuit, ( the plaintiffs presented to the court false papers and forged signatures also). The attorney did not want to depose the plaintiff, (I asked her several times the necessity of having the plaintiff deposed.). She sent some interrogatories but never asked them to give the answers. She was getting so negligent that I could not take anymore.
I fired her and went pro-se.... The Judge took advantage of me being pro se and let the case proceed for trial with a motion to compell pending.
I lost completely the case. They presented all false documents and also pictures of infants that had nothing to do with the case, they wanted to harrass me and put presure on me. It was a very emotional case because involved several young children.
Should I sue the attorney ?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

iamtootired said:
I have two questions:
1. I hired an attorney to represent me in a collection lawsuit, ( the plaintiffs presented to the court false papers and forged signatures also). The attorney did not want to depose the plaintiff, (I asked her several times the necessity of having the plaintiff deposed.). She sent some interrogatories but never asked them to give the answers. She was getting so negligent that I could not take anymore.
I fired her and went pro-se.... The Judge took advantage of me being pro se and let the case proceed for trial with a motion to compell pending.
I lost completely the case. They presented all false documents and also pictures of infants that had nothing to do with the case, they wanted to harrass me and put presure on me. It was a very emotional case because involved several young children.
Should I sue the attorney ?
My response:

When a deposition was requested, did you have the money to pay for the deposition(s), at that time?

IAAL

I

iamtootired

Thank you for answering my question.
Yes, I had the money to pay for the deposition. I said that I was going to pay for it, we had a meeting about the necessity of having a deposition. She said that a deposition was going only to harras the plaintiff. ( She knew for fact that the plaintiff was lying and that the plaintiff had already presented false documents to the court.
I asked her to take some action about the document that was false presented to the court. She never took any action.
This matter is not a mere collection suit. The plaintiff is very wealthy. The plaintiff was paying more for lawyers fee that the money that she was going to receive from the lawsuit. The heart of the problem is that she wanted that I realesed her.

Thanks again,

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Problem is this: in order to be successful in a suite against your attorney, you need to show that you would have won your case but for your attorney's negligence. You have to show the failure to get a deposition was negligent.

Since neither IAAL nor anyone else knows all the facts of your case, you will need to seek a full consultation with another lawyer in your state or lodge a formal complaint against this person with the appropriate state bar (but that won't get you damages).

Try http://www.attorneypages.com and get all the paperwork/proof you have together.

I

iamtootired

Thank you for the information.
I think the best thing to do is start with the Bar Association.
Thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">