• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Long term disability policy buyout

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Was awarded SSDI my first hearing and thought once on SSDI that my LTD would end though that's not the case, it seems I'm getting 10% my monthly payment while waiting for hearing. I've asked 3 separate occasions, one in writing for what would you call it the terms of my LTD policy and never have received. Now the original LTD was through Aetna now apparently is managed by The Hartford, I was told Aetna got out of STD/LTD policy selling. Anyways I called the Hartford to do an address update and also for the first time aske them for information on the policy and sure enough what I got in the mail was a attending physicians statement in the mail and no other information I asked for. I did back in 04/2020 receive an offer to buyout the policy though I declined, my question is let's say when they get the attending physician statement back and then all of a sudden decide to deny further monthly payments and say this is it take it or leave it. And see the reason I've asked for the LTD policy info was during the 1st day of employment to the day I when I started the whole SSDI process I've asked and questioned about being paid as I was the only employee in the region and was paid weekly to be on-call and it was 24/7 365, not once in my 4 years was I ever not on-call and in that process of being on call it was a requirement to have the company vehicle with you at your home at all times and response times were in place, and I simply wanted to know if that could or should have been paid to me as part of my monthly payment though no one could or would answer that let alone send any information on the policy and I have spoken with 2 LTD attorney's and both said get the policy info though one claimed he would do his best being that was do unduly intrusive ALWAYS being on stand by and never being able to make or have plans so to speak and I knew about this upon being hired and I'm simply trying to get an answer and am not able to. The amount would be. lose to 10,000 dollars if it was something that could be paid and that is why I checked into this to just see. I have not yet spoken directly with the agent handling my LTD policy at Hartford though I have left a voice mail today. Thank you for any help or suggestions one may provide, it is much appreciated. Also would it be appropriate to simply ask the agent about this and explain what I'm trying to find out and more or less maybe say sharpen your pencil just a little on the buyout offer and see the response I get. Thanks again and I look forward to ANYTHING one could tell me. Thanks again.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
White space is your friend - your block of text is very difficult to read. I did my best, but I really don't see a question. All I see is a statement that you would like "help or suggestions", but I don't see what, specifically, you are asking for help or suggestions about.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">