• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marine Corps husband has been making plans to cheat on me and has been lying about how much money he actually has. Now, he's getting kicked out.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gail in Georgia

Unfortunately what you are going through isn't all that unusual with military families. My youngest son was in the Navy and had a buddy who went through three wives before the age of 25. It's not unusual in the military.

When I first moved to Augusta and close to Fort Gordon (Army) my next door neighbor was married to an army fellow who went from soldier to officer and began enjoying the benefits of being able to drink in the officers lounge. Spent all his time (and money) there forgetting about his wife (who was originally from Australia) and their two children. I've got to give that woman all the credit in the world; she came here not even knowing how to drive. She taught to drive, got a drivers license, began selling cosmetics out of the home to make money for herself and the children. I bought so much lipstick and perfume from her that I never really used just to help her out that 40 years later I still have the stuff.

At any rate, mom and dad may be on a fixed income but they can send you a Greyhound bus ticket to get you to them where you can at least sleep on their couch and have a roof over your head. Get the heck out of that area and back home to them, then look for employment, get yourself back on your feet financially and get rid of this guy legally (divorce him) and move on with your life.

Once again, cheating appears to be a depressing common situation in the military. Particularly depressing were stories my son told me when young women wanted to get off ship duty. Pregnancy was one way they could so they would hook up anyone that would get they pregnant just be able to do so. No intentions of long term relationships or marriage; just someone for stud duty.

Gail

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">