• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Microsoft: identity theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Iowa (not relevant)

The first email account I had was hacked multiple times. In the second instance, hacker changed password, removed my two-step verification phone number, and changed the TSV to his/her email addresses.
Microsoft customer service rep. said this activity was clear, but since my TSV had been changed they could not return the account to me.

First one customer service rep. said he disabled the account, but later another said it couldn't be disabled remotely.
The account is still active- and the hacker still has it.

Is there any way I can get the account returned to me, or deleted entirely? While I acquired the hacker's email address (he/she had also accessed an online job account and replaced my info with his/hers), I can't find anyone anywhere who will assist.

quincy

What is the name of your state? Iowa (not relevant)

The first email account I had was hacked multiple times. In the second instance, hacker changed password, removed my two-step verification phone number, and changed the TSV to his/her email addresses.
Microsoft customer service rep. said this activity was clear, but since my TSV had been changed they could not return the account to me.

First one customer service rep. said he disabled the account, but later another said it couldn't be disabled remotely.
The account is still active- and the hacker still has it.

Is there any way I can get the account returned to me, or deleted entirely? While I acquired the hacker's email address (he/she had also accessed an online job account and replaced my info with his/hers), I can't find anyone anywhere who will assist.
You potentially could report the hacker to your local police who can refer the matter to your state’s cybercrime unit.

You will want to secure your next account using better passwords. Make sure you do not share your passwords with others.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">