• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Biological mother is treating to get visitation with my daughter.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mlove25

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hello all! I'm 25 living in california, I just had a baby girl 5 months ago. I have not spoken to my biological mother since I moved out at 16 years old. However she showed up at my hospital room while I was in labor with flowers trying to "see her grand daughter". I haven't spoken to my mom because she was extremely emotional and even physically abusive to me when I was younger. I've had a couple restraining orders years ago but let them drop thinking she would leave me alone. Apparently not, she was stopped by my husband and security at the hospital before she got to my room so I still haven't seen her. I called and asked her to leave me alone and she said "watch out, because that will be my grandaughter" she says she has rights to her because she shares her DNA.
Few facts about my life: my husband and I have been together for 8 years and married for 2 of them so child was conceived in wedlock. We are living together, no separation or divorce talk. I am a stay at home house wife and my husband works in pharmacy. We make good money, have nice home, and nice car. My daughter sees all of her other grandparents and great grandparents regularly.
I read that in cali vistation can happen between grandparent/child if they can prove they have had a previous relation ship. My mother has literally never seen my child in person. My husband and I are nice people that take great care of our daughter she never goes without. we just want to make sure we keep this person away from our family. Is she just throwing empty threats?
Thank you for any advice

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hello all! I'm 25 living in california, I just had a baby girl 5 months ago. I have not spoken to my biological mother since I moved out at 16 years old. However she showed up at my hospital room while I was in labor with flowers trying to "see her grand daughter". I haven't spoken to my mom because she was extremely emotional and even physically abusive to me when I was younger. I've had a couple restraining orders years ago but let them drop thinking she would leave me alone. Apparently not, she was stopped by my husband and security at the hospital before she got to my room so I still haven't seen her. I called and asked her to leave me alone and she said "watch out, because that will be my grandaughter" she says she has rights to her because she shares her DNA.
Few facts about my life: my husband and I have been together for 8 years and married for 2 of them so child was conceived in wedlock. We are living together, no separation or divorce talk. I am a stay at home house wife and my husband works in pharmacy. We make good money, have nice home, and nice car. My daughter sees all of her other grandparents and great grandparents regularly.
I read that in cali vistation can happen between grandparent/child if they can prove they have had a previous relation ship. My mother has literally never seen my child in person. My husband and I are nice people that take great care of our daughter she never goes without. we just want to make sure we keep this person away from our family. Is she just throwing empty threats?
Thank you for any advice
She is throwing empty threats, grandparents have no inherent or constitutional rights to their grandchildren, whether they share DNA or not.

Now, she might be able to sue, but since she has absolutely no relationship with the child, and both you and your husband are in opposition to her having access to the child, she should not have any chance of winning.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">