• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My cousin again.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts. I have posted before about my cousin. I am her legal guardian.

How do I (for lack of a better term) get out of this? Nobody calls me anyway. Her nursing home planned her discharge without involving me.

They sent her home with none of the promised services in place. I called Elder Services as recently as two weeks ago and was told she was on a waiting list.

She did get housekeeping services and pulled her old stunt of not answering the door.

Three strikes and she’s out.

The housekeeping agency called and will give her one last chance. I know she will blow this one too.

I cannot manage a schizophrenic person.

zddoodah

Hire an attorney to apply to the court to terminate the guardianship. Be prepared to provide a full and complete accounting of all monies entrusted to you for your cousin's benefit.

The guardianship was initiated because she had a reaction to Coumadin and was comatose. When she recovered we went to court to have it dropped, which it was.

Surprise, surprise, the attorney never filed the ruling or however it’s done. She subsequently passed away.

Anyway, my cousin was doing just fine until my mom passed away and then she started to decline.

Honestly, she’s sucking the life out of me. My son is autistic and he is high maintenance.

I don’t have money for a lawyer. Honestly she would be better served by someone else

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">