• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor suing over property line

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

I wish I could post the texts between me and this neighbor but I don't think I should until it's over and done with. If you think the info I posted seems odd, if you were to read the texts between myself and this neighbor you would probably think this neighbor should be committed.
Robert Frost wrote in his poem “Mending Wall” (1914): “Good fences make good neighbors.” Frost apparently didn’t have any problems getting a not-so-good neighbor to order a survey or install a fence. :)

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Robert Frost wrote in his poem “Mending Wall” (1914): “Good fences make good neighbors.” Frost apparently didn’t have any problems getting a not-so-good neighbor to order a survey or install a fence. :)
To be fair, in the same poem he wrote, "Something there is that doesn't love a wall", and it was his *neighbor* that he was quoting as saying, "Good fences make good neighbors."

And granted, the wall in question was a stone wall, the kind historically formed by New England farmers who just needed an efficient way of dealing with rocks in their fields. A wall on the property line does the trick.

quincy

To be fair, in the same poem he wrote, "Something there is that doesn't love a wall", and it was his *neighbor* that he was quoting as saying, "Good fences make good neighbors."

And granted, the wall in question was a stone wall, the kind historically formed by New England farmers who just needed an efficient way of dealing with rocks in their fields. A wall on the property line does the trick.
Yes. Frost’s neighbor liked the fence. And the neighbor did some heavy lifting of rocks to help secure it. Much more neighborly than a lawsuit. Haha.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Yes. Frost’s neighbor liked the fence. And the neighbor did some heavy lifting of rocks to help secure it. Much more neighborly than a lawsuit. Haha.
Yeah.

Frost's neighbor was sane: if you want it, put in the effort yourself.

If I were OP I'd be tempted to skip the fence and outright wall out the neighbor. I wouldn't waste any time mulling over what I was walling in or walling out either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">