• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Plea deal question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bcar82

State is Idaho

I was offered a plea deal.. "10 days jail plus 170 suspended, plus 2 years unsupervised probation with conditions:" One of the conditions stated says I can't do a specific thing related to my profession, which is the legal reason of the court stuff (sorry I know it's vague)

Do the conditions listed only last during the 2 years of unsupervised probation or is it lifetime? And does it only apply to the specific state I am being charged in or can I do the conditions in my home neighboring state I am being charged in? (they are nothing illegal, and not DUI related)

FlyingRon

You'd best ask your attorney, but typically the conditions are for the duration of the probation only. Unless stated otherwise, I would assume they mean you can't do it anywhere. For example, if they tell you not to drink or go near children or whatever, they usually mean everywhere. Understand that if you don't toe the line as the court and the DOC see it, you can end up with that "suspended" part resuspended. Further, depending on just what this unstated condition is, there may be additional charges that ensue from your violation.

bcar82

You'd best ask your attorney, but typically the conditions are for the duration of the probation only. Unless stated otherwise, I would assume they mean you can't do it anywhere. For example, if they tell you not to drink or go near children or whatever, they usually mean everywhere. Understand that if you don't toe the line as the court and the DOC see it, you can end up with that "suspended" part resuspended. Further, depending on just what this unstated condition is, there may be additional charges that ensue from your violation.
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">