• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power of attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joyrdh

What is the name of your state? florida

my great-grandmother is hospitalized with a broken hip. She gave me general power of attorney to handle all her affairs while she is in recovery. i took the power of attorney to her bank to withdraw funds to cover her bills. the bank told me i needed a durable power of attorney. i got the durable power of attorney and took it back, but was told that i needed two physician's affidavits stating that she was incapacitated. is this true? in the general power of attorney that is filed at the courthouse, it states that i can withdraw-deposit funds as well as sell real-estate. what are my options and why wasn't the general power of attorney acceptable. also is that florida law?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">