• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless Driving in Nevada

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jsmithsr20

So I got a ticket for going 100 in a 55, yikes. Ticket states he got me on radar and it’s says cited and actual going 100mph. My record is clean and I’m 19 years old, the fines add up to $1100 but I’m worried more about the insurance obviously. I’m thinking of getting an attorney but don’t know how much it could help. Any advice is appreciated. This happened in Sparks, NV and the ticket was given to me by a Reno PD bike cop.

Last edited:

Just Blue

So I got a ticket for going 100 in a 55, yikes. Ticket states he got me on radar and it’s says cited and actual going 100mph. My record is clean and I’m 19 years old, the fines add up to $1100 but I’m worried more about the insurance obviously. I’m thinking of getting an attorney but don’t know how much it could help. Any advice is appreciated.
Clark County?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Lawy
So I got a ticket for going 100 in a 55, yikes. Ticket states he got me on radar and it’s says cited and actual going 100mph. My record is clean and I’m 19 years old, the fines add up to $1100 but I’m worried more about the insurance obviously. I’m thinking of getting an attorney but don’t know how much it could help. Any advice is appreciated. This happened in Sparks, NV and the ticket was given to me by a Reno PD bike cop.
A lawyer's likely to cost you more than $1100, and you'll still probably end up with those fines, and quite possibly a suspended license. Bravo.

Just Blue

https://www.drivinglaws.org/resources/nevada-reckless-driving-laws-penalties.htm

You should be worried about the 6 months in jail your looking at. Get an attorney.

As an aside: Stop driving irresponsibly. You could kill someone driving like that. There is a kid (your age) in Florida that is gonna be sitting in prison for the next 20+ years for recklessly killing a young mother and her infant daughter while speeding. Actions have consequences.

jsmithsr20

https://www.drivinglaws.org/resources/nevada-reckless-driving-laws-penalties.htm

You should be worried about the 6 months in jail your looking at. Get an attorney.

As an aside: Stop driving irresponsibly. You could kill someone driving like that. There is a kid (your age) in Florida that is gonna be sitting in prison for the next 20+ years for recklessly killing a young mother and her infant daughter while speeding. Actions have consequences.
Came here for legal advice not a lecture, I’ll get plenty of that in court trust me I’m well aware of what happened and what can happen, appreciate the advice

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I’m thinking of getting an attorney but don’t know how much it could help. Any advice is appreciated.
Get the lawyer. If there is any chance to beat the ticket or to at least get it reduced to something less serious the attorney will know much better than you how to do it. Sure, it will cost you some legal fees, but consider that part of the cost for the heavy foot on the gas. And those fees might help you save money in the long run by knocking it down enough that the fine and insurance hits are not as bad as a conviction on the 100 mph charge will get you.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Came here for legal advice not a lecture,
You got what you paid for and more! What a bargain! (I <3 bargains.)

Since there's more than just the fine to consider, get an initial consult with at least a couple of lawyers who are familiar with the court you'll be appearing in. If there are driving safety classes that popular with the local court, see about enrolling in one before your court date. Looking like you are taking responsibility for your actions, and trying to learn how to avoid those actions in the future, can make a favorable impression with a judge.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">