• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Requesting a Police report for DVRO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chiga

What is the name of your state? - California. I was wrongfully arrested and nothing was filed and reported. On court hearing date, there was nothing filed and I appeared in the court and my name was not even in roster. Now, can I request for police report to show that there was nothing substantial as complained by my spouse and not pressing charges on court hearing date?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? - California. I was wrongfully arrested and nothing was filed and reported. On court hearing date, there was nothing filed and I appeared in the court and my name was not even in roster. Now, can I request for police report to show that there was nothing substantial as complained by my spouse and not pressing charges on court hearing date?
The agency that arrested you would be the agency to ask for a copy of the report. Contact them.

chiga

The agency that arrested you would be the agency to ask for a copy of the report. Contact them.
Thank you for the response!! I tried to contact them but they denied because they would not give it to the one arrested. It should go either through attorney or the court.

adjusterjack

See if your county superior court has a criminal case search feature like this one:

Search By Name - Criminal (ca.gov)

If a docket comes up under your name, it will give you a variety of information about what items were filed and what the disposition was. You might even be able to download file documents.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">