• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Returned phone already. They charged me a small fee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

berbz

What is the name of your state? IL

I returned my phone by USPS unopened and put RTS on the package like the Texas company told me to do. I didn't see the refund post to my account. But they are charging me a service fee of $1.34. I cancelled the service before returning the phone too.

They shouldn't be charging me a fee. The phone was never used or package opened. Just didn't want the phone or service.

Thought about calling my bank to dispute the small fee the company charged. If the company doesn't respond to my email. Hard to get though to them by phone.

adjusterjack

Are you saying that they charged your credit card ONE DOLLAR and THIRTY FOUR cents?

Let it go.

Getting a chargeback will only make things worse because it doesn't absolve you of the debt. If the phone company wants to push the issue it will only raise the amount owed and you'll waste a lot of time and have a lot of grief over it.

quincy

What is the name of your state? IL

I returned my phone by USPS unopened and put RTS on the package like the Texas company told me to do. I didn't see the refund post to my account. But they are charging me a service fee of $1.34. I cancelled the service before returning the phone too.

They shouldn't be charging me a fee. The phone was never used or package opened. Just didn't want the phone or service.

Thought about calling my bank to dispute the small fee the company charged. If the company doesn't respond to my email. Hard to get though to them by phone.
Did you receive a refund for the phone or just a service fee for cancellation of the phone service?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">