• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spam texts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xyzz

What is the name of your state? IL

Would a small claims or arbitration get me some money from the text I never signed up with from a legit education company?

So I saved a screen shot of the spam text. I didn't save the first text they sent. These happened at random on seperate weeks.

I did consult a consumer TCPA attorney and said he is interested. If he doesn't go through with the case I wonder if it would be worth doing this on my own

quincy

What is the name of your state? IL

Would a small claims or arbitration get me some money from the text I never signed up with from a legit education company?

So I saved a screen shot of the spam text. I didn't save the first text they sent. These happened at random on seperate weeks.

I did consult a consumer TCPA attorney and said he is interested. If he doesn't go through with the case I wonder if it would be worth doing this on my own
You are talking about two unwanted unsolicited texts? Did you try to block the sender of the texts?

What are your damages?

Based on the little you have said, I do not see that you have any legal action worth pursuing.

xyzz

How many texts did you receive?
Edit: What was the content of the texts?

Two texts. I saved the second one in a screen shot. I was stating that I was a junior in high school and it has to do with SAT testing. I am not in high school. I don't have any kids either.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Oh heavens. If I got $10 bucks for every unsolicited text I ever received...

I hope you're paying said lawyer very well to waste his time.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">