• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tenant harrassing tenant landlord doesnt help at all

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bbwitches69

I live in California. This is what is happening to me...
I have been being harrassed by another tenants girlfriend who has been pouring her urine through her floor down into my ceiling, and all over my furniture, my clothes, my shoes, and my newborn litter of pups, their bed, my memory foam bed, 2 of my televisions and ruining my antique crystal lamp. She has terrorized me and my dogs by pouring her urine on us whilst we are awake and asleep. Night and day. The landlord gave me tarps to put over the ceiling, to keep the urine from destroying everything and to try to keep is DRY. It is not working. The landlord won't do anything for fear the state her home is in, code violations, excessive pets and 7 homeless adults living in different toolrooms/buildings. I am being threatened AND harrassed to the point it is not safe for me to leave my room. I fear for me and the pups safety. How can I get emergency help
I have no money and nowhere to go at all I have 1 dog 1 puppy.

Please help
.⁶

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Lady has a prolific bladder. How do you know it's urine leaking?

It's hard to understand the set-up of this residence. I initially understood an apartment-type setting, but the 7 homeless people in multiple (tool) rooms & buildings throw me.

What threats?

I ditto STEPHAN's question - did you call the police? What about code enforcement?

is is possible he/she can get kicked out after dealing that with the police? since he/she doesn't have the money to move somewhere else

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
is is possible he/she can get kicked out after dealing that with the police? since he/she doesn't have the money to move somewhere else
If it is as bad as suggested by the LL not wanting to call code enforcement, the police may call them in themselves, which may have unintended - but necessary - consequences. Best case? The LL will have to shell out $$ (assuming she has it) to bring the dwelling up to code. Worst? The property is condemned and they're all out.

This makes me wonder if OP is not on the dripping end of a plumbing leak. If the upstairs tenant were peeing on the floor, their place would stink, the flooring would be damaged, etc, and the landlord would be very motivated to prevent further damage.

bbwitches69

Lady has a prolific bladder. How do you know it's urine leaking?

It's hard to understand the set-up of this residence. I initially understood an apartment-type setting, but the 7 homeless people in multiple (tool) rooms & buildings throw me.

What threats?

I ditto STEPHAN's question - did you call the police? What about code enforcement?
Yes, numerous times, they haven't come.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">