• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tips on finding good attorney for reunification therapy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JEA0409

State is IL. D11, paternity established and visitation agreement/child support is in place via court order, never married to mom.

Without going into details about what lead to this point, because it would be a long story, in a nutshell mom always suddenly has other plans with D when it’s my turn to see her and she has been causing a wedge between me and D by telling her I don’t care about her and that I’m going to take her to court for full custody and get her arrested and thrown in jail, which I swear I have never said. Does anyone have tips on finding a good lawyer for reunification therapy Due to parental alienation? I’ve looked in my area and none of the attorneys mention reunification therapy or parental alienation on their websites. I’d like to be able to find someone who is familiar with it so I can find out if it is something that judges in my area support. Is there anyway to find out an attorneys success rate on this type of case and how the courts in my area view it and handle it when they are presented cases? Thanks.

adjusterjack

You won't need a lawyer to find a reunification therapist. Just google it for your city and many will come up.

Then you'll probably need a lawyer to take your ex to court to compel her to cooperate if she won't. For that, any divorce lawyer will do.

JEA0409

Understood and that is the plan. I’m looking for tips on finding a good reputable ones because they all say on their website site that they are the best. Any way to find out their success rate in court?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I suggest that you talk to several attorneys to find one that you feel comfortable with. "Success rate" in court could really depend on the cases they take. There could be an attorney with a 95% success rate who only got there by taking on the easiest most straightforward cases, while another attorney may have a 75% success rate who takes on only challenging and complex cases.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
A good (IMO) place to start wrt finding a lawyer that's right for you/your situation is to talk to people who know people. I asked folks like my realtor, doctor, vet - even my mechanic - for referrals. And then start setting up consultations. The lawyer I went with also referred me to the guy she said she'd use (though, in retrospect, it might have been to prevent my ex retaining him...). Also, understand that words like "reunification therapy" are buzzwords that may mean different things to different people. Ultimately, what you seem to be looking for is (ETA) court-ordered counseling for you & your daughter to reestablish your relationship.

Best of luck.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I suggest that you talk to several attorneys to find one that you feel comfortable with. "Success rate" in court could really depend on the cases they take. There could be an attorney with a 95% success rate who only got there by taking on the easiest most straightforward cases, while another attorney may have a 75% success rate who takes on only challenging and complex cases.
That is a question I hate. Because most times in custody cases, everyone leaves a bit unhappy. But yet it is the best that the client could get. Would the client say that is a success? I never answer that question because success is not something to be measured. It is nebulous.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
That is a question I hate. Because most times in custody cases, everyone leaves a bit unhappy. But yet it is the best that the client could get. Would the client say that is a success? I never answer that question because success is not something to be measured. It is nebulous.
Most often, everyone loses - especially the kids.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
That's an excellent point. Family-law matters are much different than other civil-law matters. If I sue you for money you owe me and win, my attorney succeeded. Rarely are things so cut and dry in family court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">