• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unauthorized taping

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Chris Brown

Thank you, Always, for the information. And may I impose upon you or anyone else with another compound question?

What governmental authority do I contact regarding the illegal taping; and what kind of expertise am I looking for when I get an attorney to represent me in the civil matter? (The Linda Tripp of the group, a lawyer in California, was located in San Diego; I was in San Diego; my sister, who was also taped without her knowledge, was in Brazil. The mediation where the transcript was made public was in San Diego.)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Chris Brown said:
Thank you, Always, for the information. And may I impose upon you or anyone else with another compound question?

What governmental authority do I contact regarding the illegal taping; and what kind of expertise am I looking for when I get an attorney to represent me in the civil matter? (The Linda Tripp of the group, a lawyer in California, was located in San Diego; I was in San Diego; my sister, who was also taped without her knowledge, was in Brazil. The mediation where the transcript was made public was in San Diego.)

My response:

Try to use the "reply" button so your posts stay together. Hunting for previous posts to "jog my memory" is not my greatest pastime.

Anyway, I did find your previous post and you should call the State Bar of California, get their complaint papers, fill them out, and send a copy of the tape with your completed complaint.

Then, contact the District Attorney's office in your area and fill a criminal complaint form with them, and again, attach a copy of the tape (in an envelope, of course) to your complaint.

Lastly, file suit against him in Small Claims court for your Statutory monetary damages.

Between all of those items, he'll be a very busy attorney trying to defend himself - and keeping his "ticket" from getting yanked. Between all of these matters, it's going to cost him a "pretty penny" to defend himself, and he'll wind up wondering, "Was it worth it ?"

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">