• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Urgent: Non Payment of Wages. ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Meursault

Sometimes I just shake my head....

Thank GOD I don't own guns :eek:

subash1977

well, yes I wasn't aware. Some consulting firms just take
undue advantage.
So what is the way out, if one can't give the required # of days notice. Loose pay for those days at max.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Here's the problem: no one here has read the contract. Therefore, no one here knows what the contract says. Therefore, no one here can tell you what the consequences of breaking the contract will be.

What you need to do now is take the contract to a local attorney, let him read it, and THEN he can tell you what might happen. It MIGHT be that all that will happen is that you lose pay for those days, but I wouldn't be holding my breath on that one. We are now talking about a contractual question; not a legal one, and the terms of the contract will determine the final answer.

You also can count on a poor reference from this employer.

M

Meursault

well, yes I wasn't aware. Some consulting firms just take advantage.
I am so sick and tired of hearing this crap. Sure, they were good enough for you when you wanted to come to this country and work. They even sponsored you for your visa. But now that you want to leave to pursue what we have in this country, 'they take advantage'.

I hope you do leave without notice. Then they'll sue your ass and you'll be shipped back to wherever you came from.

And then maybe you'll start appreciating the opportunity you've been given.

subash1977

Meursault - It thing you should not be posting your opinions in this forum for your prejudiced attitude and more importantly your language.... FYI: I did my grad school here...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">