• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What lawyer (specialization) should I look for in my situation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

dove_in could try to find free or low-cost legal assistance through the Nevada Legal Services organization:

https://nevadalegalservices.org

This statewide organization can point dove_in in the direction of pro-bono programs, attorneys who offer reduced fees, or perhaps to a community law fair.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Thank you for having this conversation with me. Yes you're right about my ex-husband. I was never going to track him in Moldova. He's a lost cause. He spent almost all the money and came back to the US but never went to work. He's never tried to see his son since he came back 9 months ago. But he keeps telling my elder son that as soon as he runs out of money he's gonna kill himself. Knowing him, he'll do it, very soon ... what can I say...?
Sounds like you're fortunate to rid of him. He sounds like a miserable person.

You're not getting the money.

quincy

There could be an enforcement of the divorce decree’s division of assets and some collection effort attempts but, if the ex-spouse has in fact spent all of the money he withdrew from the 401(k), I agree that any payoff is likely to be little and not worth the costs of pursuing.

It is probably hard to accept the loss of such a large sum of money, and harder perhaps to accept that an ex spouse can walk away with no consequences, but leaving the guy in the past and moving on is apt to be mentally and emotionally healthiest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">