• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Which type of lawyer to contact for suing parents over childhood abuse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Eekamouse

It's funny that OP thinks a woman who used coercion to get pregnant should not be entitled to child support from the child's father but also thinks he should be able to sue his own parents because they're threatening to cut him off from resources.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'm in Illinois, and I've been having a hard time finding someone that practices the civil side of abuse cases. Everyone I've found just practices criminal cases and the few types of law I've been told to look into (family law) has lawyers that don't bring these cases.

Things have soured, and my parents have threatened to cut me off on resources, as I started confronting them over abusing me in childhood. I just want an apology, honestly. But, it doesn't look like that's not going to come so I'm going to make myself financially whole instead. Does anyone know who I should get in touch with for this? Some events happened that are textbook definitions of abuse, and I think my dad owes me a large sum of money for it, depending on whether I'm in the statute of limitations or not.
I suspect that, if your case was as strong as you seem to think it is, lawyers would be lining up to represent you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">