• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will this sign protect me from frivolous lawsuits?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adjusterjack

So I am just trying to take the edge off frivolous litigation, not looking for a bulletproof jacket.
You're wasting a lot of cyberspace by ranting about something with a very simple solution.

You have a business. You buy business insurance. Business insurance includes premises liability coverage. Common limits are $1,000,000 (you can buy more). Some moron slips in your parking lot on a rainy day you report it to your insurance company and go back about your business.

You don't need a sign.

Well, yeah, you do need a sign, but not that kind of sign. ;)

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
So I am just trying to take the edge off frivolous litigation, not looking for a bulletproof jacket.
Have you ever heard someone comment about the futility of idiot-proofing, because idiots are so clever?

A corollary applies here: nothing deters nut jobs from filing frivolous lawsuits.

quincy

MioProton, the person who slipped and fell on your property needs evidence to support his claim. He cannot inflate his costs. He must, instead, provide recent medical bills and receipts to show what he has paid and what he still needs to pay. Old injuries will not be covered.

Please read the text of the law and/or its analysis. It is not as easy as it might once have been to fake an injury and collect damages.

You can add warning signs but insurance coverage is going to be your best defense against claims filed against you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">