• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loudermill Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bbr345

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN

Does an investigative interview with a union employee who is the subject of the investigation satisfy their Loudermill rights? In other words, can you hand out finalized disciplinary action (suspension, demotion, termination, etc) directly following the investigative interview/completion of the investigation? Or, do you still have to afford the employee the opportunity to a Loudermill hearing after proposing the discipline even if you have already completed an investigative interview prior to proposing the discipline? I ask because it seems as though the employee in either case has been afforded an opportunity to present their information.

Any information as well as highlighting any applicable statutes is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

bbr345

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN

Does an investigative interview with a union employee who is the subject of the investigation satisfy their Loudermill rights? In other words, can you hand out finalized disciplinary action (suspension, demotion, termination, etc) directly following the investigative interview/completion of the investigation? Or, do you still have to afford the employee the opportunity to a Loudermill hearing after proposing the discipline even if you have already completed an investigative interview prior to proposing the discipline? I ask because it seems as though the employee in either case has been afforded an opportunity to present their information.

Any information as well as highlighting any applicable statutes is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Not a popular topic I guess ha ha.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You sure come up with a lot of scenarios. I am curious...is this something you are personally involved with?

bbr345

You sure come up with a lot of scenarios. I am curious...is this something you are personally involved with?
No but I do work in a Unionized workforce and it seems that these matters are approached differently in different situations.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
No but I do work in a Unionized workforce and it seems that these matters are approached differently in different situations.
This forum prefers to help people dealing with actual issues, not hypotheticals.

bbr345

This forum prefers to help people dealing with actual issues, not hypotheticals.
I guess I don't quite understand the reluctance? It is a question that pertains to real disciplinary processes that occur all the time in unionized work forces. Because I am not referring to one specific real situation but an overall practice that affects multiple real situations, did I not provide enough detail or specific scenario information for there to be an answer to the question?

I probably put to much "fluff" around the question, it is my personality to try to be specific even when it is a generalized question. I am really simply asking does the investigative interview satisfy a union employee's Loudermill hearing rights?

bbr345

And if it is about the help that people aim to provide those asking questions on this site, I assure you it would be helpful for me to understand the basic rights afforded to those in my organization to ensure processes are being followed correctly.

bbr345

Ask your union rep or contact a local employment law attorney.
Wouldn't anyone who comes to this forum and asks a question also be able to take that advice? Why do you provide guidance to anyone on here? I have a legal question, of course I could ask an attorney but I came on here instead just like hundreds of others and many that you have seemed to have no issue answering?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">