• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removed from the schedule, possible termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jme2404

Im a medication tech in an assisted living facility. My CPR and first aid relapsed in sept. My employer continued to allow me to work. I received a voicemail Thursday stating I had the mandatory first aid/CPR training Friday from 9am-5pm. Giving me less than a 24hr notice. My employer stated that if I didn't attend, I'd be removed from the schedule. I worked Thursday 2pm-10pm, then got mandated 10pm-6am. I tried calling my supervisors multiple times, leaving messages and texts, no one was able to come in. I was unable to attend bc I was mandated and worked 16hrs. Since then I've been removed from the Schedule and cannot get a clear answer whether this is termination. The facility has an audit Wednesday on certifications which is why I assume they aren't letting me work. I was allowed to work without my renewal for several month and now that there is an audit they are trying to cover their bases.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Thank you for sharing your story. When you have a legal question, be sure to let us know.

Dave1952

It's certainly puzzling that you let various certifications, required by your job, to lapse. Even more puzzling that you did not get recertified in a timely fashion. I agree that you will likely be terminated.
Since you've posted this under Union Issues, I suppose you should talk with the union rep.
If you post your State someone may be able to tell you about unemployment compensation. At a guess, you won't qualify.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">