• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

union using my picture without my consent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

din60

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California.

The Union came to me while I was working one day and told me will I support Security officers to have a union in silicon valley. I said yes then they took my picture with a sign saying to have health care and better wages. The next day they came and said we want you to sign a release form so we can use your picture but I refused. Now they are using my picture without my consent. I never signed the consent release form or gave them permission to use it. They are using my picture in their protest against the company I work for and other companies. What should I do ?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I am asking this question for a reason.

What is the reason you do not want your picture used? It may make a difference to what recourse you have.

justalayman

Ya call them up and tell them it is a violation of California civil code 3344 to use your likeness without express permission and should they refuse to pull the adds you will contact an attorney and proceed with prosecuting the violation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">