• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

15 yrs, and 18yrs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

huggablechick03

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

I like this boy that turned 18 today. I'm almost 15 and a half. We're sorta friends. He lives four doors down from me but we only talk online. Once in a while we say hey outside. But i'm so shy. And I hug all my guy friends. And while he was still 17 I asked if I could give him a hug when we hang out for the first time... cuz he's my friend now. ANd he said he didn't care. But then two days before his 18th, he changed his mind and said I couldn't hug him. His words were, "I could like get arrested if people start to wonder." But all I want is a hug... not sex. :confused: Then he told me that nothing could happen with us... (as in us dating), and that the main reason was our ages. Cuz I'm illegal for him now. But would it be illegal if we never had sex? Cuz I really really like him. :(

huggablechick03

cmorris said:
I think this boy is very smart! Leave him alone; he has voiced his thoughts on the subject.
But he said that age is the problem... he doesn't care that I'm 15... he just doesn't wanna get in trouble. But if it's not illegal if we don't have sex, then we don't have a problem... right? :(

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Whether it's illegal or not doesn't matter. The boy has made it clear to you that for whatever reason, he's not interested in having you hug him. If you want to stay friends with him, you need to respect that; otherwise you may end up driving him away completely. I understand that you really like him, but that's not a guarantee that he feels the same way. This may be his way of telling you that he doesn't like you the same way you like him.

ENASNI

oh jeesh

I hate to follow the gentle cbg in this...
But I see boiled bunnies in the future :eek:

Yo Huggable one.
I bet there is a guy in your third period class... of your own age that feels the same way about you...

Just let this guy alone...
More fish in the sea...

At least I hope so.

huggablechick03

ENASNI said:
I hate to follow the gentle cbg in this...
But I see boiled bunnies in the future :eek:

Yo Huggable one.
I bet there is a guy in your third period class... of your own age that feels the same way about you...

Just let this guy alone...
More fish in the sea...

At least I hope so.
Let him alone how? He said nothing has changed... and that we're still cool. So we're still talking... and I don't like any boys that go to my school. There's only one... and he's a junior, who's supposed to be a senior... so he's the same age as the other one... so, I'm just outta luck.

huggablechick03

cbg said:
Whether it's illegal or not doesn't matter. The boy has made it clear to you that for whatever reason, he's not interested in having you hug him. If you want to stay friends with him, you need to respect that; otherwise you may end up driving him away completely. I understand that you really like him, but that's not a guarantee that he feels the same way. This may be his way of telling you that he doesn't like you the same way you like him.
I didn't think he liked me like that... but I hug my guys friends... and they hug me. But when this boy told me that, I said ok and told him I'll keep my hands off...

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Then you need to stick to that. If he doesn't want to be hugged, then he doesn't want to be hugged. His reasons aren't important.

Just out of curiosity, why did you post this under the US Supreme Court and the Constitution forum?

huggablechick03

cbg said:
Then you need to stick to that. If he doesn't want to be hugged, then he doesn't want to be hugged. His reasons aren't important.

Just out of curiosity, why did you post this under the US Supreme Court and the Constitution forum?
HAHAHAHAHA I saw another question sorta just like mine and I SWORE I saw it under here.... where should I have posted it??? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">