• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1st Amendment - Freedom of Religion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

down&out

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

This may be a little radical, but please hear me out.

Our local diocese has just announced the closing of 2 Catholic Elementary Schools (K-8) at the end of this school year. One of these schools is currently servicing 7 different school districts and two different states. They have indicated that they will offer one bus (max. capacity 71 students, we currently have 143 students) from our school to one of three other diocese schools (all within a 2 mile radius of each other); however, this would translate into over an hour bus ride for our children. Some of which would have to travel over 1/2 hour by car, to get to the "pick up" spot.

Here's my thought:

We try to obtain an injunction against the diocese for interferring with our 1st Amendment - Freedom of Religion Right: We cannot send our children to a Catholic School without endangering the welfare of our children (using several studies regarding bus exhaust and an unhealthy fatigue after long bus trips.)

Please let me know what you think?

HomeGuru

down&out said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

This may be a little radical, but please hear me out.

Our local diocese has just announced the closing of 2 Catholic Elementary Schools (K-8) at the end of this school year. One of these schools is currently servicing 7 different school districts and two different states. They have indicated that they will offer one bus (max. capacity 71 students, we currently have 143 students) from our school to one of three other diocese schools (all within a 2 mile radius of each other); however, this would translate into over an hour bus ride for our children. Some of which would have to travel over 1/2 hour by car, to get to the "pick up" spot.

Here's my thought:

We try to obtain an injunction against the diocese for interferring with our 1st Amendment - Freedom of Religion Right: We cannot send our children to a Catholic School without endangering the welfare of our children (using several studies regarding bus exhaust and an unhealthy fatigue after long bus trips.)

Please let me know what you think?
**A: so far off, you would think there was no Noah and no ark.

D

down&out

Re: Re: 1st Amendment - Freedom of Religion

HomeGuru said:
**A: so far off, you would think there was no Noah and no ark.

Please allow me to rephrase my question....Please let me know what your legal opinion is?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You have nothing. If you want your children to go to a particular school, use your own transportation. The school is only offering a "service". The school doesn't OWE you that service.

If you're so concerned, help the school buy another bus, and learn to drive it! Or, use your own car!

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My further response:

Some people just think the world owes them all the conveniences.

This has nothing to do with "religion". This is strictly a transportation issue. No one is stopping your kid, or any other kid, from attending the school, itself.

Transportation, if you want it, is YOUR problem. How your kid GETS to the school is no one's concern but yours.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My further response:

Or try the public school.

You see, the private, Catholic school is YOUR choice. You have other choices if you don't like what's going on, or can't help the school with its problems.

Don't be a part of the problem . . . be a constructive part of the solution.

IAAL

D

down&out

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My further response:

Or try the public school.

You see, the private, Catholic school is YOUR choice. You have other choices if you don't like what's going on, or can't help the school with its problems.

IAAL
Wow - The Public School...great idea...and how does this provide me with my religious choice? which is the original issue.

D

down&out

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

You have nothing. If you want your children to go to a particular school, use your own transportation. The school is only offering a "service". The school doesn't OWE you that service.

IAAL
By State law, the school does OWE us that service.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

down&out said:
By State law, the school does OWE us that service.

My response:

You can practice your religion anywhere. The school is not taking that away from you.

Also, there is NO state law that requires a RELIGIOUS institution to GIVE you transportation.

I dare you to show me any such "law".

IAAL

D

down&out

This forum really should be called "FreeAbuse Forums". Home Guru and IIAL while you post on every question asked, I very rarly see either of you give advice, but tend to play with the people asking.

If your attorneys offer legal advise.

If you don't have don't have any advise, stay out.

If your attorneys, you have made your living off of people who "think the world owes them everything"

If your just bitter old men, get off my post.

D

down&out

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

You can practice your religion anywhere. The school is not taking that away from you.

Also, there is NO state law that requires a RELIGIOUS institution to GIVE you transportation.

I dare you to show me any such "law".

IAAL
I'm sorry - you must have mispoken....which I'm sure never happens to you....but I believe your post indicated that the "school" does not owe us that.
HUH?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">