• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alienation of Affection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Diane _Arlington

i am from arlington, texas. my husband left me recently for another married woman he works with. we have been together 18 years. we had not had sex for two years before he left. this was his choice because he turned to alcohol. can I sue him for alienation of affection. he wants a divorce to move in with his married lover whose husband lives in taiwan. she is chinese. 7 years ago i was a vp for a large company. i now have multiple sclerosis and this shock has affected my health terribly and my doctor says i am not allowed to work over a part time job for my health and i cannot get insurance except through his current employment insurance. when we are divorced the insurance is gone and i am uninsurable. this came as a shock to me, our family and friends. what can i do? this is a community property state and i am the only one of the two of us who has any savings or investments that he should not be entitled to. i am going to lose my home, my insurance, my marriage, and my lively hood because of his indiscretions.

K

KAIOLANI

My Sympathy

Diane:
I can imagine how hurt, betrayed, and humiliated you must feel. It is always sad when our lives receive a shock especially when its right to the heart. There are things which you can do in an attempt deceive items andd issues such as the where abouts of cash, appearance's of documents which are back dated involving rights and ownership to a 3rd party. But I will hope you do not! DECEPTION and anger are bad emotional feelings and nothing will ever come good out of that! I know your emotions are hard to control when you speak to him, but if you can and you must attempt to appeal to his person and not look at him as yours as hard as that might be. You had probably the best 18 years of his life and HONEY it sounds like he is on a downward plunge. ONE rule I try to live by as hard as it gets at times. KINDNESS begets KINDNESS, it hard to hate something lovable, people get irratated with it, but in the end of all this you will be a rose. Keep your chin up, It will not destroy you. NOTHING can if WE do not let it, and no one is to blame for where we are in life, they may of played an important role. But we took ourselves there where ever we are and that role player is no where in site!

LegalBeagle

kimmers70 said:
ps...if you ever need some moral support on this
Kimmers70: You must be new to the internet. You NEVER post personal information like this in an open forum. Please delete your phone number or you will end up having to change it when you start getting lots of strange calls..

In response to the original question of alienation of affection, the answer is no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">