• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

business recorded messages?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shaken not stirred

I don't know if this is the right place for this question, so please forgive me if it's not.
This is a Washington state question.
When you call a business that has one of those recorded messages stating that they record all calls for quality assurance, can those recordings be subpoeniaed.
The reason I ask is that I have a friend who works at a business with this type of messsage and someone I am suing, called and talk with her about the case not knowing that she was my friend. Can she get into trouble from work for telling me if I subpoenia the recordings?

racer72

Because of the way the recording was obtained, it may not be allowed as evidence. The person you are suing may have the right to call a business without fear of self incrimination. But then again, the whole mess with Clinton and Monica Lewinsky started with a recorded conversation. This is something you should ask a lawyer about.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">