• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

drmzsugar

God Willing someone will be able to help me! I have a time sensetive need to know if there is a time limit on a civil suit. Im in Florida and want to file a civil suit. Im not even sure if I have grounds and if I do I need to know what to do next. The local law enforcement failed to do a proper investigation on an accident that occured. I have found the written procedure involving an accident (which it was) involving alcohol and a serious injury or death. I was under the assumption that they have a procedure they have to follow when a serious injury occurs in an accident involving alcohol. Also isnt it a law that both drivers will have blood drawn even if its against their will? If they didnt follow procedure do I have grounds to file a suit against them?
SOME ONE PLEASE RESPOND!!!!!

J

Jack Mevorach, Esq.

The type of suit you have has a statute of limitations.

D

drmzsugar

statute of limitations

How long is the statute of limitations, and from what date would i go by. The investigation date, the date of the person being charged, the date of incarceration?????? Any answer to this one would be appreciated. I think Im running out of time and I need to do this quickly im sure.

J

Jack Mevorach, Esq.

If you're in a hurry, consult local counsel TODAY!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">