• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CIvil Suit? Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Flora

I'm not even sure this is the right category to post this under, but I haven't been able to get any help so that I would know. I'm an Ohio State student and I've been looking for free legal advice or a contingency lawyer to give me a consultation. I don't have the funds for a lawyer and the legal clinic here is not accepting any more cases. So here is the situation: My phone number is listed under a deceased famous person (Tupac Shakur) because whoever had the number last year put it under that name. However, it was never a problem until a popular radio station broadcast the page # and the name under which the number could be found on the air. According to a caller, they also broadcast my roomate live without her consent. This was the week before finals, and we received 3 to 4 hundred calls in the next few days. We were forced to get privacy manager on our phone line and the station still refuses to acknowledge any wrong-doing on their part. I understand that what they did was not criminal, but is it grounds for civil suit?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Flora said:
I'm not even sure this is the right category to post this under, but I haven't been able to get any help so that I would know. I'm an Ohio State student and I've been looking for free legal advice or a contingency lawyer to give me a consultation. I don't have the funds for a lawyer and the legal clinic here is not accepting any more cases. So here is the situation: My phone number is listed under a deceased famous person (Tupac Shakur) because whoever had the number last year put it under that name. However, it was never a problem until a popular radio station broadcast the page # and the name under which the number could be found on the air. According to a caller, they also broadcast my roomate live without her consent. This was the week before finals, and we received 3 to 4 hundred calls in the next few days. We were forced to get privacy manager on our phone line and the station still refuses to acknowledge any wrong-doing on their part. I understand that what they did was not criminal, but is it grounds for civil suit?
My response:

To our Contributors - -

Should you feel the need to respond to Flora's post:

DO NOT EVEN THINK OF MENTIONING "HOW ABOUT CHANGING PHONE NUMBERS".

If you do, you're in for an earful because she's not interested in the obviously easy answer. She's already thought about that, and wants blood instead.

Make sure you ONLY discuss how Flora can go on the "attack" with a lawsuit.

IAAL

HomeGuru

Keep the number and in fact advertise it in print media and over the internet. Every caller that calls, sell them TS and other collectible stuff. You can make a ton of money and would have taken over 100 orders by now. Send a letter to the radio station thanking them for the free advertising and promotion.

When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.

Peace.

[Edited by HomeGuru on 12-10-2000 at 03:36 PM]

LegalBeagle

I've always said Common Sense was dead in Ohio..

There is no money in this case, so no attorney or legal aid will touch it. Do yourself a REALLY big favor and change your number before your bitterness gets the better of you and you become a very twisted and hateful person.. oups, to late..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">