• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confidentiality In The Medical Field

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SONOFABEACH

What is the name of your state? NC
IS IT A VIOLATION OF MY CIVIL RIGHTS TO HAVE MY CONFIDENCE BETRAYED BY A NURSE? SHE WAS WORKING AT A DRUG REHAB DETOX CENTER AND LEFT TO WORK AT A DOCTORS OFFICE. SHE DIVULGED MY MEDICAL HISTORY WITHOUT MY CONSENT OR KNOWLEDGE. IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN SUE HER OR REPORT HER TO THE NURSING LICENSE BOARD?

L

Lady Libertine

Yes, you can sue anyone and you can report anything. Both are easy. Proving she did so is the burden. Do you have documentation, witnesses? If so, go for it! If not, you're wasting your time. By the way, are you alleging damages? You were turned down for employment, evicted from your apartment, or rejected for a loan because of the information?

~LL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">