• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

constitutional rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hexeliebe

Because you were stupid enough to send it through cyberspace and not convey your feelings in a face-to-face discussion with your niece.

As far as a constitituional issue, you have none. Once you send any type of communication it ceases to 'belong' to you and is now the property of the receiver who can do with it what they want.

In the future, keep your opinions to yourself. This is really none of your business and I would expect a teacher in any communication to use a little more restraint than to use terms such as 'tool for satan' and 'bitch'.

It's a wonder you were not fired.

C

coppersugar

Either my niece forwarded it to the girl or the girl got it from my niece's e-mail. She apparently had her password. That much I know is right.

H

hexeliebe

Either way what you "SHOULD" have known was never to write something the way you did, especially being a teacher and using such language.

As you tell your students often enough "Let this be a lesson to you!"

C

cjabg

You say you did bot threaten anyones health. The problem with that is, a threat has nothing to do with what is said, but the perception of the person who recieves it.

stephenk

"this e-mail is a major componnent of the Professional Standard's Commission in an investigation of this incident."

what other components are being used against you?

B

Boxcarbill

coppersugar said:
She says that I talked about her sexual orientation. I did not.
Now, how did I guess so early on in this thread that sexual orientation was the root of all this "scandal" and interference. Neither you nor anyone else is going to change your neice's sexual orientation and blaming it on this girl or on the devil is not going to change her sexual orientation. Your neice is going to share all information with her romantic partner to the same extent that heterosexual couples share intimacies with their partner. I'm surprise that as a teacher who has intercepted personal communications between students and shared it with the entire class and/or posted the communication on the school bbs that you would now be championing the private nature of communication. It is always interesting to see how people react when it is their ox which is being gored.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">