• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court ordered return of vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

seanray25

What is the name of your state?ca

After 2 years of the police holding my motorcycle for investigation for stolen property. I got a court order for police to return my bike back to me, but the officer had it towed from police dept. to a tow yard. Of course that means there are storage fee's now. Plus the police dept. require me to pay 97 more dollars to get a release slip before I can even go to tow yard.
My question is that the court order states to imediatly return vehicle to me, it says nothing about waiving fee's or anything. But it would seem like I shouldnt have to pay for something that they are suppose to return. And now the tow yard is just doing there job. Shouldnt the police have directly returned it to me. The order didnt say to return it to tow yard then to me? What does a court order intitle me to? Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">