• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dating Minors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

idoit1603

What is the name of your state? California

Ok. I know a guy at school who is seeing a girl who is younger than her. He is over 18 and she is 15. At first there wasnt any problems. but then the dad started freaking out for no reason. The dad has been threatening him, telling him that he will report him. He said he and that girl havent had sex or anything, so how is it a crime? I see people who are older with younger people and they havent got arrested, so how is it a crime for him to date a girl who is younger? I mean how can someone get convicted just becuase of a paranoid parent? I know those laws are there to arrest like child molesters and stuff, but what kinda posistion is he in when I know this guy isnt like that?:confused:

P

PoDuck

If the guy is 18 and she is 15, it may or may not be a problem only if they have had sexual contact. No Bill Clinton excuses either. As an example, my state allows for an age difference where the adult is less than 4 years older, and the minor is over the age of 16. It is something that is California specific, but I would say that if there has been no sexual relationship, he's probably okay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">