• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Definition of State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rowbear

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Does anyone know if there is a passage or article in the US Constitution that defines "State"?

R

Rowbear

Thanks second question

Ok thanks for that answer, I've found nothing either, I concur.

Second question: Can a State form a treaty with another country without notifying the US Congress?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Thanks second question

Rowbear said:

Second question: Can a State form a treaty with another country without notifying the US Congress?

My response:

Yes. Nebraska has a treaty with China. So, when the ICBM missiles are sent this way, Nebraska will be an island.

Rowbear, what's the point and purpose of your questions?

IAAL

B

Boxcarbill

Re: Thanks second question

Rowbear said:

I rather suspect that your teacher\professor is wanting you to read and understand what is and is not covered by the constitution. We're not enhancing your knowledge of that document by providing you with answers. You need to read it. It isn't that long and you will uncover other interesting things while looking for the answer to your questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">