• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Distribution literature (street with sign & leaving cards around)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sanman99

I'm currently in NY. In Rochester, might go to NYC. Not sure where else.

Where is it legal to distribute leaflets and free book?
I'm aware some people leave cards places or put one sticking out of the ATM slot.
And what restrictions on standing on streets to distribute (my sign, space occupied, type of street in metropolitan)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm currently in NY. In Rochester, might go to NYC. Not sure where else.

Where is it legal to distribute leaflets and free book?
I'm aware some people leave cards places or put one sticking out of the ATM slot.
And what restrictions on standing on streets to distribute (my sign, space occupied, type of street in metropolitan)?
What did the folks at the NYC city hall have to say when you asked this question?

sanman99

What did the folks at the NYC city hall have to say when you asked this question?
Good point. I could ask city halls of various towns. Haven't been to NYC. Might do the same if I go to London (or whatever the have there).
(I'm assuming that's rhetorical)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Good point. I could ask city halls of various towns. Haven't been to NYC. Might do the same if I go to London (or whatever the have there).
(I'm assuming that's rhetorical)
It's rhetorical and seems to have had its intended result. Best of luck to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">