• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does Bush have the power to detain Arab Americans in a matter of national security?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lancevo03

Supreme Court-
If terrorists struck in several different cities at a synchronized time and killed several civilians (in addition to 9/11), does President Bush have the power to issue and maintain an executive order of detaining 2000+ Arab-Americans and non Arab citizens living in the United States who are majorily muslims? Also, if congress never came to a consensus banning or authorizing this power, can he stil maintain the detaining of these prisoners?A prisoner claims habeus corpus and a Federal District Court states that the prisoner should be charged or let go, and the FBi who are holding these prisoners do not comply because they are citing an this as an executive order of the President.If the Prisoner appealed the Supreme court, and it ruled that Bush did not have this power, should Bush order the uncharged detainees released or ignore the supreme court and keep the detainees under detention?

Lancevo03

Nope but it would be great if someone would help! Constitutional Law is so confusing anddd my information on Presidential powers are very limited!

BelizeBreeze

IF this is a homework assignment do your own work. And I'll even be magnanomous enough to point you in the right direction.

________________ Law.

Lancevo03

Belize Breeze: If this is a free advice website for law advice...then why arent you supplying advice instead of crticizing a student who IS doing his own work by pulling his resources? Because im sure that if this were an assignment i would be researching CONSTITUIONAL law. However, constitutional law does not directly state a presidents power in a matter such as this. This is completely Bi-Partisan and has no impact on my knowledge whatsoever. My simple question is what i stated in my first thread. Even primarily opinion. There is no obvious answer to this question other than the intellectual thoughts of others who can help me understand what a Presidents powers are in a situation such as this. (i.e. what would you, as a judge/lawyer, do in a pickle like this one?).

BelizeBreeze

Lancevo03 said:
Belize Breeze: If this is a free advice website for law advice...then why arent you supplying advice instead of crticizing a student who IS doing his own work by pulling his resources? Because im sure that if this were an assignment i would be researching CONSTITUIONAL law. However, constitutional law does not directly state a presidents power in a matter such as this. This is completely Bi-Partisan and has no impact on my knowledge whatsoever. My simple question is what i stated in my first thread. Even primarily opinion. There is no obvious answer to this question other than the intellectual thoughts of others who can help me understand what a Presidents powers are in a situation such as this. (i.e. what would you, as a judge/lawyer, do in a pickle like this one?).
You call asking someone for the answer doing your own research? good luck kid. You're going to need it.

p.s. I wasn't speaking of CONSTITUTIONAL when I put in the _____________, but it was an understandable error since you did not grow up in the 50s or live in Japan during the second World War or Poland or the Phillipines during the time when _______________ Law would have been declared :D

BelizeBreeze

You Are Guilty said:
I just can't take it any more.

MARTIAL, kid, MARTIAL LAW is the answer.
KILLJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now let's see if he gets this one.

__________________ Order :D

You Are Guilty

Oooooh, it's just like playing Family Feud! (Just don't try to kiss me.)

I'll give him a few days to come up with the answer to this one. Especially since he didn't get my Lynne Stewart reference.

Lancevo03

ANd why are you nice gentlemen being so condecending? If I am allowed to seek help from college professors and politcal scientists, then why not get it from other intelligent sources as well? So therefore, can the president override constitutional law with martial law, when war hasn't been declared and our own civil law enforcement hasnt broken down anyway?

BelizeBreeze

Lancevo03 said:
ANd why are you nice gentlemen being so condecending? If I am allowed to seek help from college professors and politcal scientists, then why not get it from other intelligent sources as well? So therefore, can the president override constitutional law with martial law, when war hasn't been declared and our own civil law enforcement hasnt broken down anyway?
Because they get paid to divest you of your ignorance and laziness. We don't.

Lancevo03

Then why the participation in a FREE online advice forum? I'd assume it to be to either receive advice or give advice, and you are doing niether of the two.

BelizeBreeze

Lancevo03 said:
Then why the participation in a FREE online advice forum? I'd assume it to be to either receive advice or give advice, and you are doing niether of the two.
You can't even read. It's a FREE LEGAL ADVICE site. and since you have no legal issue, we prefer to spend time answering people who have real problems, not who are lazy and want the answers on a silver platter.

Are you this lazy in all of your classes? :rolleyes:

You Are Guilty

BelizeBreeze said:
You can't even read. It's a FREE LEGAL ADVICE site. and since you have no legal issue, we prefer to spend time answering people who have real problems, not who are lazy and want the answers on a silver platter.

Are you this lazy in all of your classes? :rolleyes:

Survey says.... "YES"!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">