• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal Grants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chatchy

What is the name of your state? Nevada. I have just registered into Nevada for federal purposes. I notice both of Nev. Senators home pages offer information about getting Federal Grants. I can not find anyplace in the U.S. Constitution where it authorises the federal govt. to give money away.

Does anyone know where this activity is given to the government by the people?

B

Boxcarbill

I will provide you with the answer but I will not engage a political argument. The framers did grant Congress the power to regulate commerce, which has been interpreted to include the power to promote the economic welfare of the citizens thought the United States. It is through the commerce clause of the U. S. constitution that the federal government gets the power.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">