• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do i go about changing a law?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Ellie187

New York.

Hello I don't know if some one can help me with this matter,but here it goes. I'm a disabled widow on social security.I get 71% of my husbands pension because i'm 51 years old.I haveto wait another 14 years to get 100% of his pension.I'm trying to find out how i can change this law.I feel that there isn't any differance between a 65 year old who can't work anymore and my self.So why shouldn't i get his full pension? I hope someone can point me in the right direction,this is a law that needs to be changed!

Thank you for any information that you maybe able to give me.
Ellie.:(

B

Boxcarbill

It isn't about whether there is any difference between a 65 and 51 year old's inability to work or their disability. It is about the difference in life expectancy--i.e. number of years that they can draw the disability. Same with the difference in amount that an early retiree at age 62 can draw in social security benefits and the amount that one can draw at normal retirement age 65, currently, and what they can draw if they wait until age 70. "It's all about the money. Yeah baby." And I believe that the latest numbers indicate that the social security fund will be gone by 2034. So realistically the only change in the law that I see is the age to draw benefits going up and possibly the amount going down.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">