• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to enforce a court order on separation payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bpironti

i have a legal separation from my husband and i cannot get him to pay for my house which is court ordered he pay for...how to i go about getting this enforced without a lawyer(i cannot afford )this is through the supreme court .i'm in real danger of losing the house because he hasn't paid the yearly taxes . state of new york

[Edited by bpironti on 12-11-2000 at 04:50 PM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

bpironti said:
i have a legal separation from my husband and i cannot get him to pay for my house which is court ordered he pay for...how to i go about getting this enforced without a lawyer(i cannot afford )this is through the supreme court .i'm in real danger of losing the house because he hasn't paid the yearly taxes . state of new york

[Edited by bpironti on 12-11-2000 at 04:50 PM]

My response:

You have posted your question(s) on the wrong Board. This is the Constitution and United State Supreme Court Law Board. Please go back to the "Forum Page" and choose the proper Family Law Board, and re-post there.

Attempting to collect a debt is not a Constitutional issue.

Thank you.

IAAL

J

Jack Mevorach, Esq.

IAAL,

She's not entirely in the wrong place. The category is: COURTS, LAWYERS AND LITIGATION.

I've suggested to FreeAdvice.com:

COURTS, LAWYERS AND LITIGATION

- Lawyers and Litigation

- Small Claims Court

- US Supreme Court and Constitution

Her question involved litigation. She didn't know where to post it. That's why a sub-category "Lawyers and Litigation" is needed. This happens over and over.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Dear Jack:

Right or wrong, this post exemplifies my argument against all of these darn subcategories.

It's causing our writers to be confused, and to "be a lawyer" themselves in trying to make a determination which category to post into. That's fundamentally wrong to do to our writers. Our writers do not know if their problem sounds in "contract" or "family law" which requires an Order to Show Cause or a lawsuit.

They come here looking for an answer to a problem, and what do they get? They get more confusion when they come to these Boards because they don't necessarily know enough about law to realize that their question belongs in one category or another ! That's not their fault - - it's the fault of the people who created this "new improved" monster we call "the Boards with subcategories".

It was much simpler when we had a few main categories than the 15 or more subcategories we have now.

For example, what does it matter to any of our writers, when they have a Family Law question, whether it's about alimony or child support, etc. They only know it's a problem within their marriage, and they shouldn't need to locate, nor is it necessary to have, the proper "subcategory".

In other words, I never cared (like our hosts apparently do) if all of the Family Law questions were in a single category; e.g., Support questions mixed with Divorce questions.

The instant writer, above, only knows that he / she has a problem, and would like an answer. But how can she get many and varied answers if she's posted in the wrong category? Not all of the contributors go hunting around the boards for "errant" posts. The contributors need to find the proper question in the proper Board.

But, when a writer has to "play attorney" to determine which category to post into, it gets frustrating.

As a real time example of this problem, take a look in the Bankruptcy Board. There, you'll find a poster that goes by the Board name of "WHAT THE @#!@$%#!"

Read that post here: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?threadid=31317

And, here's another: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?threadid=31361

Yours sincerely and respectfully,

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 12-13-2000 at 02:15 PM]

HomeGuru

IAAL, I agree. I have had to search the Boards for real estate questions to respond to as some were in the contracts board since the writers had a question on a contract of buying or selling a home. Then I found some other questions related to real estate law that appeared outside of the real estate law forum.
My opinion is that the writers should post questions pertaining to real estate in the real estate section rather than contracts, BK, insurance, small claims etc. even if their question pertained to those subcategories etc. The problem is that the writers do not know any better and this website does not provide requisite and proper instructions.
I feel sorry for these writers sometimes. And I also feel sorry for us regulars. We keep getting irregular. Got Fiber?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">