• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have lloked on my own(unsuccessfully) for answers, so please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nicedream

I live in California, and I was wondering if I can be served process in a courtroom. I would like to go as moral support for my sister, who is a named defendant in a restraining order that I am also named on. The restraining order is completely bogus, not that this would affect the code surrounding this issue, but just so you can have reasonable assurance that I have not harassed anyone.

I have not evaded service; the plaintiff just doesn't know where I live, work, phone numbers, etc.

Thank you for any answers, or links to the applicable code for this question. (I've searched through the Code of Civil Procedures, and while it lists many ways a person CAN be served, it does not outline ways a person CAN NOT be served, that I have found.)

HomeGuru

You can be served any where, any place any time. As a courtesy, I never have anyone served inside the courtroom but right outside in the hall so as not to cause a disturbance and to show respect for the Court even if the court is not in session.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">