• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm being framed for serious charges...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

helpadvice

What is the name of your state? Ga.

Well,Heres whats going on.My ex girlfriend is accusing me of three seperate charges on three seperate dates.I am currently being charged with Aggravated stalking,simple battery,and battery.My lawyor is telling me to basically do whatever it takes to stay out of jail.That which could include probation,community service,large fines,or both.Hes also trying to encourage that i take a speedy trial demand.I'm afraid of doing that because I do not know what might happen in front of a actual jury.This is my first time being accused I have a clean record.I don't wanna take probation cause it will look extremely bad on my resume.I have either taking probation or serving 4 1\2 years in jail or prison possibly.What do i do?I can prove where i was on each occasion.I have been told that the law doesn't care about whos innocent or not even by my lawyor.If anyone has any ideas or actions i should take to ensure my future as a "free" citizen,Please contact me ASAP!!.

N

nospecialfx

I'm guessing that you're trying to say in all that that you're innocent. Did you hire your own attorney or do you have a public defender? Either way, if the attorney is telling you to cop a plea, then by all means do it -- consider what could happen if you're found guilty. If probation is an option, then, well, considering the alternatives...

And, btw, I wouldn't be putting "probation" on my resume anyway. Best of luck.

HomeGuru

Re: Re: I'm being framed for serious charges...

nospecialfx said:
I'm guessing that you're trying to say in all that that you're innocent. Did you hire your own attorney or do you have a public defender? Either way, if the attorney is telling you to cop a plea, then by all means do it -- consider what could happen if you're found guilty. If probation is an option, then, well, considering the alternatives...

And, btw, I wouldn't be putting "probation" on my resume anyway. Best of luck.
**A: too funny.

S

SRMcMahon

Has your lawyer showed you what evidence the state has against you? Has he looked at your evidence to the contrary?

If you know in your heart you're not guilty of the charges brought against you, *don't plea bargain*!!

I was charged with stalking and it took a jury less than an hour to determine my innocence. Jury's are a funny thing, thay have the ability to see through the bull **** and discerne the "truth".

It's helpful if your attorney is on your side, if not, find one who is! E-me or PM me and we can discuss further.

charlie

S

SRMcMahon

Several years ago I testified as a character witness for a Nigerian acquaintance who had saved up $3000 for a non-refundable discount round trip ticket to visit his parents, went to the airport, and as he got to security suddenly remembered that the revolver he kept hidden in his portable stereo at home for personal protection was, well, still in the stereo which was just then rolling through the Xray machines. So, suddenly there are local cops and sheriff's office people and FBI and ATF, and so much for his ticket. Over time everyone except the ATF decided it was a genuine act of oversight on his part and dropped any charges the were considering. The ATF had him charged in federal court with attempting to smuggle weapons onto an international flight. I caught his name in the paper and called his lawyer to tell him it was impossible this guy could have had any criminal intentions. It went to trial, I told the court how kind he was to the nursing home residents and the jury of middle aged farmers and ladies aid members took fifteen minutes to decide this was bureaucracy gone overboard.

Sometimes when a lawyer thinks he's getting you a good deal for the present, the cost to your future isn't calculated. For years I could get pulled over for traffic violations and the cops would always end up telling me they didn't want to be the first one to ticket me since I had a perfect record. Once I did get my first ticket, everything changed. Keeping the record clean is worth what it might take. And since our system does tend to arrest and charge guilty people it is very easy for the system to forget that some folks are in fact innocent.

N

NewWolf

Framed for unclear charges

California

Someone has been entering my home and "contaminating" it with what appears to be drug stuff, such as a fine white powder all over the floors and little "grains" of white stuff in/on almost everything to some extent (cocaine?). Also, some type of oily or sticky yellow to brown to black gummy stuff. It's done surprisingly extensively and would seem to only result in a ridiculously obvious ploy -- except then I realized that after I try to clean this stuff up, it's reduced to maybe a more suspicious level, along with some telltale signs of attempted clean up (as in "cover up"?), which may actually enhance an intended effect to seem authentic.

Just as disturbing, I also realized that there are some certain "fibers" showing up in places, and what appears to be someone else's hair. There may also be some other "biological" stuff here and there, of unkown kind.

Once I noticed that it's also being done to my vehicle, it occured to me that I am being progressively set up to look as though I'm committing some kind of crime. Possibly a very serious one. I have not yet received an overt threat or demand, although I've come to have some suspicions toward certain persons that may be involved, through puzzling through who might be able to gain the kind and frequency of access to all the places, and who may also have some kind of reason to so compromise me.

I thought of going to the police about it, but wondered if I'd sound loony. Or if they might be in a position to first just blame and prosecute me for the presence of any illegal substances, regardless of the true source, since I can't actually prove a thing. And, since I have cleaned a bunch of it up (it's happened at least several times, that I'm aware of), does this make me liable or appear guilty?

Then I've wondered if there's anything else I can do, in order to help protect myself. I've been collecting various "evidences" of this stuff, logging where/when, etc. And I've considered trying to arrange for witnesses -- to the effects, if not anything else. But, what does this really prove?

And advice?

N

NewWolf

stephenk [senior member] wrote:

> Up your dosage.

Very helpful, if not hilarious.

I realize it sounds nuts, at the face of it. But there's more to the story, of course. In fact, I've seen a certain person, who is a drug user and probably addict, that visited my home was surreptitiously strewing stuff around, under the guise of "nervous habits." Rubbing fingers together. Tossing hair back. Both of which was flicking some of this stuff around. Once I was aware of the after-effects, I began to check afterwards. Sure, enough -- right in those areas was the white dust and flecks. The occasional rocking on their feet was grinding it into the flooring, too. So then I actually watched them doing it, confronting them about it. They flatly denied it, even when I reached down and held up the stuff.

But the worse incidents have happened when I wasn't home. I think on one occasion I was with this person elsewhere, too, so it's got to be more than just them. At first I thought it was some kind of blackmail gambit, and asked them outright about that, too. Or if someone else was having them do it, and what it would take from me to stop it - what they wanted. The became very coy and oblique about it, but stressed that their depictions of their behavior as simply nervous habits was far more "reasonable and logical" than what I was accusing. And that they'd have to think about what they want. But no direct acknowledgement that they were doing that stuff or a reason for it.

There are some other possibly relevent things otherwise, too. But it easily becomes a fairly long story.

How about for the moment, you simply assume that I'm not nuts and that this, indeed, is happening. My questions are regarding what can one do about it? Go to the police or what? And won't the police be as skeptical as you are, except if I show them actual drug stuff from or in my home, won't that put me in a risky situation rather than a safer one?

stephenk

set up a hidden security camera in your house to tape while you are at work, school, etc.

does your house have a security alarm?

Souix

NewWolf said:
stephenk [senior member] wrote:

> Up your dosage.

Very helpful, if not hilarious.

I realize it sounds nuts, at the face of it. But there's more to the story, of course. In fact, I've seen a certain person, who is a drug user and probably addict, that visited my home was surreptitiously strewing stuff around, under the guise of "nervous habits." Rubbing fingers together. Tossing hair back. Both of which was flicking some of this stuff around. Once I was aware of the after-effects, I began to check afterwards. Sure, enough -- right in those areas was the white dust and flecks. The occasional rocking on their feet was grinding it into the flooring, too. So then I actually watched them doing it, confronting them about it. They flatly denied it, even when I reached down and held up the stuff.

***Did it ever occur to you that the guy might just have dandruff? And why haven't you started a new thread? This is somebody else's old one***

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">