• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

interrogatory

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thethingskidsdo?

Washington State Law

I just recieved my first interragotory regarding a law suit I am involved. I won't be able to speak with my attorney until next week, he's on vacation. Will you please help me sleep easier this week by answering a few questions? I know they are long questions, so I'll quit writing and let you read. Thank you so much!

1. They ask for my ss#, I don't want these people having my ss#. I would understand them wanting it if I were to loose the suit but that hasn't happened. Do I have to comply or can I explain that if I loose the case I will then comply?

2. They ask for the names and birthdates of all children I have given birth. My children have nothing to do with this and they are asking for information on one of my children that died in 1991. Do I have to comply?

3. Some of the things they are asking for will require me to make long distance call to comply. Can I opt out on those or can I add this expense to my claim? This is in regard to "the name, address and phone number of every school I have ever attended" I went to 13 schools,
military brat, many of the schools I attended are in other states.

4. They are also asking for my ex's insurance license and any and all contracts he has. This case happened after our divorce, they can't go after him and he sure as hell isn't going to give me that kind of information. What do I do?

Thanks again!

HomeGuru

Hey, you can sleep easier already because you do not have to fill out the answers until your attorney comes back from vacation. In fact, give the interogs to your attorney to fill out on your behalf.

There is special language that is used to respond, such that in many cases no real answers are provided.

T

thethingskidsdo?

Thank you so much. I figured the questions are designed to scare me off but I believe in the end I will win. I will let you know.
Thank you again.
Good night and sleep tight:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">