• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

invasion of privacy plz eply

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

felipe212

What is the name of your state? las vegas nevada

Ok this is what happend i always go to the public libary here in las vegas recently there has been a new security guard at the libary and as i have heard he is an ex prison guard in the libarys here in las vegas you have to show a valid id or libary card which if you have a libary card is scanned and all of your personal information including address and social security number as well as the place you work at. the security guards at the libary are not directly contracted by them they are contracted by a private security company.this security guard thinks he is like part of the libary staff which he is not he also has been taking pictures of people without them knowing including minors. he constantly looks people up on the libary computers by typing there names in yet this information is only authorized to be viewed by libary staff(people who work for the clark county libary district and not a private company) is any of thi legal? and is it a invesion of privacy?

if it is illegal what can i do can i sue? plz reply thanks agian!:confused:

JETX

The actions you describe would largely rely on what policies (if any) the library has. So, what EXACTLY did the library staff say when you brought this issue to their attention??

HomeGuru

Also, the actions you describe would largely rely on what policies (if any) the security company has. So, what EXACTLY did the security company management staff say when you brought this issue to their attention??

K

KSCP

I would think that it wouldn't matter what the policies of the security company are. They can't make policies that violate laws or intrude on the autonomy of another institution.

Just because the boss says "look up everyone's records on the library computer system" doesn't mean the guard has the legal right to do it.

It's the library's system - their policies (and laws) control the use of it. Not the security company's policies.

abezon

Libraries are not legislative bodies. They don't pass laws. But librarians are usually big fans of the first amendment & maintaining their patrons' privacy, so a complaint to the director may produce results. You might also try a letter to the editor. My guess is that parents would complain if they learned the security guards are photographing their children.

stephenk

felipe212 said:
What is the name of your state? las vegas nevada

Ok this is what happend i always go to the public libary here in las vegas recently there has been a new security guard at the libary and as i have heard he is an ex prison guard in the libarys here in las vegas you have to show a valid id or libary card which if you have a libary card is scanned and all of your personal information including address and social security number as well as the place you work at. the security guards at the libary are not directly contracted by them they are contracted by a private security company.this security guard thinks he is like part of the libary staff which he is not he also has been taking pictures of people without them knowing including minors. he constantly looks people up on the libary computers by typing there names in yet this information is only authorized to be viewed by libary staff(people who work for the clark county libary district and not a private company) is any of thi legal? and is it a invesion of privacy?

if it is illegal what can i do can i sue? plz reply thanks agian!:confused:

How do you know all of the above is going on? Are you witnessing what the guard is doing?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">