• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Libel & Slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

paul128

A person has falsely accused me of soliciting sex to his 16 year old son on the internet. The person used e-mails I sent to his son asking him to ref open games and told the police I was lying in order to mee his son for sex. I have been a friend of the family for 5 years. The police had a search warrent and took my computer and disks from my house. My computer has been gone almost 4 months. No charges have been filed. I have been suspended from reffing and assigning referees from my local soccer league because I am "under police investigation." Can I sue him for defamation of character and slander? Can I sue him for lost wages? Can I sue him for the depreciation and 4 months of not having my computer? Can I sue him for pain and suffering of having to deal with this for 4 months? An article was in the paper with details of the incident, what township I lived in, and that I was a soccer official. (Basically everything except my name.) I live in a small community, so most people are aware it was me. Any and all legal advice would be appreciated! (OHIO)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">